Although I am a Dietitian this blog is about more than just healthy eating, it’s about helping create a healthy lifestyle. Making a daily caloric balance is not only about calories in but calories out. In other words, limiting what we eat isn’t always enough, we also need to kick up the calories we burn. So I am going to have you:
Go The Distance
Let me explain what I mean by this. Find ways in your daily routine to walk a few extra steps. You may even find it helpful to clip on a pedometer so see trends in your daily distance walked. If you want a concrete goal, aim for 10,000 steps per day on your pedometer. Here are a few ideas to help you STEP IT UP, and go the distance:
4) On the weekends find outdoor activities that require you to walk around. Visit fairs, expos, the zoo or even a cruise around the mall.
5) Instead of sitting while you’re on the phone pace back and forth or walk around the house, remember every step counts.
Though it doesn’t seem like much, increasing your steps can really make a big impact. Remember if you burn an extra 50 calories per day that will equal 5 pounds in a year, 100 calories per day and we’re talking 10 pounds. You can easily see how adding these small steps can equal HUGE results.
Latest posts by Dina Garcia, RD, LDN (see all)
- Getting Started with Mindful Eating - March 3, 2019
- Meditate Your Way to a Healthy Diet - February 28, 2019
- Creating a Health and Wellness Vision Board that ROCKS!!!! - February 13, 2019