Do you feel like you’re always thinking about food? Countless studies have shown that when we restrict, or are restricted of food, the mind becomes overly occupied with thoughts of food.
Which of these sound like you?
- You haven’t finished your current meal, but you’re already thinking about when and what you get to eat next.
- You stress about what or how much you should/shouldn’t have eaten.
- You think about what you’re going to order at happy hour 2 days from now.
- Spending too much time looking at recipes online or social media posts about food and/or dieting.
If you are constantly thinking about food it’s going to be much harder to feel in control of your eating.
If you are able to get food off your mind, it will make eating intuitively and feeling in control of your food choices soooo much easier.
The 1 tweak you can make to help you stop thinking about food all day, and feel in control of your choices, is to STOP restricting your food intake.
–eating adequate and balanced meals
–allowing all foods to fit into your diet
The first thing you might be thinking is, “But I’m not restricting my food Dina!!!! That’s why I’m eating so much.” Or maybe you are struggling with extreme hunger.
Restriction can show up in a lot of hidden and tricky ways:
- Such as “future restriction”. You know, when you tell yourself you are starting over tomorrow, or that you won’t get to eat this again.
- Or it could be persistently wanting to resist the desire to eat… but ultimately feeling guilt or shame when you give in.
- Or incessant thoughts about needing to lose weight.
Letting go of restrictions can feel scary. (You can check out my blog on ‘How To Tackle Extreme Hunger‘.) Most people aren’t even sure how to do it, especially when they don’t even know how and why they are engaging in restriction.
- How to Eat Your Favorite Foods Without Binge Eating Them - July 28, 2022
- 4 Ways to Stop Obsessing About Food - June 13, 2022
- One tweak to help you stop thinking about food all day - May 15, 2022
ENJOY THIS POST?
Don't miss out on the next one, subscribe today!